Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Bird on the Run!


Well, at first the boys yelled "Mom, there is a duck on the road!"  (I swear we have more ducks on the road than gophers ... I am serious!) ... but it didn't waddle like a duck!  So, I quickly snapped some pics and thought for sure this was a female ring-necked pheasant!  After all, the male keeps wandering through our yard, in front of our big windows ... when I am on the phone and can't grab my camera!  However, this lady does not have the long tail feathers.  So...


... with that fancy lil' head crest she is sporting, my best guess is a female Ruffed Grouse (Bonasa umbellus)!  But I have been wrong before!  If I am, please let me know!!!

Something that I do know for sure ... while out feeding "Lucky" we spotted our pair of geese and their 2011 offspring!  We are happy to report that it looks like there are 4 new goslings swimming with "Honker 1" and "Honker 2!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...