Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Watchful Eyes!


You might recall my post back on April 18th.  It was titled "The Raptors are Back!" and I posted a few pictures of two Swainson's Hawks (Buteo swainsoni).  Well, this particular pair stayed in the trees up north and took advantage of a nest already there!  I am assuming this is 'Mama Hawk' perched up in the nest ... and with her very watchful eyes, I thought it was best not to get too close (I really need to put a wish list of teleconverters and lenses on my fridge for my Hubby and Boys!).  I'm not sure if there are any lil' hawks yet ... but usually the female will incubate 2-3 eggs for approximately 28-35 days!  I'll try to keep my 'watchful eyes' on Mama hawk and the nest.  Perhaps I will be lucky enough to see and capture on my camera ... some baby hawks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...