Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Family of Great Horned Owls!

Funny, I just mentioned to my Hubby the other day ..."I haven't seen our Great Horned Owls (Bubo virginianus) lately, have you?"  Hmm ... I guess they were close by but they've been busy raising a young one!  Well, here she or he is ... still donning it's lil' fuzzy feathers!  







But just in case the mosquitoes in the slough were not giving me a run for my own blood supply and the discomfort of my feet ... largely due to the fact that I was knee deep in a slough and not wearing rubber boots (note to self ... wear rubber boots if there is at all a chance you may encounter a slough) ... Mama and Papa Great Horned Owl were right above and beside 'Junior' keeping a very close watch over me!  They are pretty intense birds ... I don't think I would want to upset them!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...