Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Insects at Work ...



Ah ... yes, the insects of the world.  Most of us, especially during the summer, curse the mosquito but do we stop and give praise to those insects that actually do some good (I'm sure mosquitoes have their place... I for one have just not fully discovered it yet)???  Well, in Canada alone, there are thousands of species of pollinating insects that pollinate flowers daily!  This fly and bee are just 2 of the many buzzing around outside these days.  They are apparently, really enjoying the sweet nectar of the Low Goldenrod (Solidago missouriensis) that is currently coming into full bloom!

2 comments:

  1. And many of those insects are needed for our crops! Great photos. I posted some photos of cotton to my blog today. Something I've never seen in Canada.
    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Crystal ... they definitely play a vital role in all of our crops ... and their numbers are in decline ...!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...