Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Monday, April 2, 2012

Mallards and a Meadowlark!

It's spring fever.  
That is what the name of it is.  
And when you've got it, you want - oh, 
you don't quite know what it is you do want, 
but it just fairly makes your heart ache, 
you want it so!  
~Mark Twain



Forgive me but I am suffering from a bit of spring fever!  It's just that I love when the silence of winter is finally replaced with the quack of a duck (or two) and a song from a song bird!  Haha!  The ducks have been back for about a week or so, with many still flying home.  However, I was pleasantly surprised to hear and see the arrival of a Western Meadowlark (Sturnella neglecta) this morning!  I don't think there is anything more sweet sounding than the flute-like songs of Meadowlark!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...