Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Race Day!



Well, the boys spent the weekend in Brooks, Alberta and I managed to escape cold, rainy central Alberta and returned to the wonderful WARM, SUNNY SOUTH to watch our boys race today!  


This was their 65cc (ages 7-11) class.  
Our two lil' dudes are riding the Kawasaki's on the end.


This was the first time this 'Mom' has watched them RACE and a good thing I could hide the emotion behind my camera!  










Phew!  Race one of the day over ... lining up for Race two but look at those clouds!


Sadly for the boys ... the rain and hail hit before race 2 was underway ... Mom's nerves on the other hand were relieved!  LOL!  The rain came down hard at this point and the remainder of the races were called so we headed for home ... where it's still raining!  However ... rain is a good thing!  

8 comments:

  1. Great capture of you boys event. Being the mother of two sons myself I know how you feel watching them do what Mom's consider "Dangerous sports" The little guy catching some air! Really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dad's just don't get it do they Pam? LOL! Glad there are other Mom's out there that can relate! It didn't help matters that I had to witness to wrecks just before our boys raced ... one requiring the ambulance! YIKES!!!

      Delete
  2. Whoa, I love the shot of your airborne son! Nerve racking though! I can imagine. I always worried when my son played hockey, but it is nothing like being on a motorized bike and getting air! Cringe. Hold your breath. Sigh of relief!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they continue with this sport Renee ... my husband is going to have to hook me up to an oxygen tank on race days!!! LOL!

      Delete
  3. That looks like a lot of fun. Great job with the camera too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matt ... you are such a 'DAD!' Hahaha ... I think my husband used those words as well! Mom's don't look at this and say that looks 'fun' ... we look at it and say 'danger, danger!' LOL! I managed to keep dirt bike racing at bay for a few years but with a house full of just boys ... I eventually gave in! I was happy with most of the shots ... I was trying out my new lens!

      Delete
  4. Every time I see Terri's photos I can't help to say WOW AMAZING! Great shots, brave boys! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe ... thanks Olga! Brave boys ... scared MOM! I freak watching kids I don't know ... now to watch my own ... YIKES! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...