Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Des Crossley


I had the pleasure of tagging along with our oldest child and his fellow students to the Des Crossley Demonstration Forest, near Rocky Mountain House today.  Despite the rain, it was a fabulous day ... both educational and fun!


Not only did the kids get some fantastic information on this demonstration forest and the trees within it but they also caught a glimpse of the rare Venus Slipper Orchid and a Brain Mushroom!!!  Seeing the kids asking so many great questions and being enthusiastically involved was delightful!  I know when I was going to school, I loved field trips and as a parent tagging along ... I loved this field trip as well!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...